VOCALOID5 - How to get straight lines like this with pencil tool?

• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

juhaku

New Fan
Dec 16, 2022
My biggest V5 pet peeve is that there's no line tool... and it's pretty impossible to draw in straight lines. But I downloaded this VSQX that someone else made, and there's so many bends that are stick straight. There's hundreds of points per line, and every one is stick straight. Am I missing something, is there a way to lock the pencil tool or something to get lines this straight without spending hours mathematically plotting each individual point?
Screen Shot 2023-06-29 at 9.50.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-29 at 9.33.18 PM.png

Reactions: AddictiveCUL (Add)

AddictiveCUL (Add)

CUL addicted!
Jan 6, 2023
youtube.com
Sorry, I can't help you because I own V4, but may it will help you:

Maybe it makes sense to you. If you still have problems tell us, we're here to help ^^

But I guess for some of these (Like the vibrato) the person used the vibrato presets that already comes with V5.

Reactions: WyndReed and Vector

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
I also am in V4 world (Piapro), but I'd try holding modifier keys while drawing (shift, control/command, alt/option) and see if they do anything. It could be a poorly communicated feature like that. Some DAWs do automation lanes that way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, I've heard some people use drawing tablets. Maybe they put a ruler on a tablet and drew a straight line.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
if the format was vsqx that means they used Vocaloid 4, which had that ability and so the lines look perfectly that way. as one of the above mentioned, you can turn off the grid snap for notes, but i am pretty sure i held down alt or control and it let me do that. the grids snap will never let you do that freely BUT turning it off ment notes had no grid snap for lengths and i find that important. i no longer have v5 installed so i cant quickly check on holding the alt key, but i know there is a key to hold that would let you do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)