• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocal Synths as Heroes and Villains

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
Here's just a fun thread where you can imagine your favorite synths as good guys and bad guys! Especially since I've been thinking about getting back into narrative stuff and my stories in the past have probably been lacking in the conflict department.

Vocal synths (that I've used) as villains:

Hatsune Miku: The "queen bee" of course. Gossips, gets jealous, lies about people, wants nothing more than to be the best, prettiest and most popular and despises anyone who challenges that notion. Either that or the greedy monopolistic sort, a female Once-ler of sorts.

AVANNA: The sympathetic one. Doesn't actually want to hurt anyone, but wound up with a twisted view of the world and fights in what she sees as self-defense, seeing the hero as a villain and herself as the good guy until/if shown wrong. Either that or a well-intentioned member of a cult or clique, or the protective type who imprisons someone out of a genuine desire to protect and care for them. I don't imagine Avanna would be a truly BAD person tbh. Villain Avanna would be more misguided than anything, perhaps an anti-villain, and a likely candidate for a heel-face turn. If she's shown she's wrong, she would break down crying and apologizing and blubbering about how wrong she was and how she'll try to be better from now on.

GUMI: A truly terrifying wild-card type. (This girl has so many villain songs and mental-illness anthems, my gosh.) Probably trigger-happy, or a pyromaniac, or the explosives girl. Laughs in the face of laws because they're "boring". Contrasting Miku who would do things for money or attention, Gumi would find blowing things up and hurting people fun.

Kasane Teto: Fits well as the comedic/cartoony villain who does utterly ridiculous things to achieve her (probably silly) goals. In fact that's...not all that far off from my headcanon for her. She's basically young female Dr. Doofenshmirtz. COULD also be a genuine threat behind a silly exterior, but having her just be a less-than-competent yet entertaining villain is fun in and of itself.

Those same synths as heroes:

Miku: Pretty likely to be the protagonist. Level-headed in battle with a strong sense of justice, rivaled only by her sense of fashion. Danger aside, she's a cheerful android girl who loves to sing and make music, cares deeply for her friends, fans and the innocent, and is often seen with a bright smile on her face. Definitely something of a humanitarian as well, using her wealth (other than that reserved for one of her favorite hobbies, shopping) to give others a better life. Skilled with futuristic technology.

AVANNA: A kind-hearted young woman who wouldn't hurt a fly, but is strong and has excellent aim with a bow in case she has to. While Miku is more likely to tend toward grander-scale good deeds, Avanna is more likely to nurse wounds, comfort hearts, dry tears, and serve tea. She is a skilled cook and baker as well. Like Miku, she loves to sing and make music, though she goes about it in a more mellow fashion. Doesn't mind a light-hearted tease now and then; the unofficial "mammy" of the group despite not being much older (physically at least) than the other girls. Also she's a half-elf, so...that's cool.

GUMI: A friendly, tomboyish and plucky girl who's Miku's best friend and often finds herself fighting by her side. Tends towards witty quips and friendly banter. Loves video games, tinkering, sports and retro sci-fi franchises, but on the flip side doesn't actually mind wearing a dress or looking pretty (hence tolerating her English design haha). Huge fan of the vegetable juice Miku famously promotes. Great with machines and mechanisms, probably modded all her video game consoles, but not quite as skilled with future technology specifcally as Miku is, though she's a massive fan and would love to see how it works someday. She loves to sing, like the others, and is a fan of karaoke.

Teto: Cheerful yet somewhat of a trouble-maker, but has a good heart deep down (if it's just one heart anyway...with a chimera sometimes it's hard to tell, she could have three hearts like a squid or something). Though she's normally bubbly, she does have a snarky side with some light "tsundere" tendencies (as seen in her famous catchphrase, which translates to "wow, you really are stupid"). Massive fan of children's anime, especially Doraemon, and doesn't really care who knows it- she probably owns plushies and things she's very protective of. Of course, she loves bread and thinks Avanna makes especially good bread. Has probably tried on more than one occasion to haggle some extra bread, but Avanna, in her firm yet gentle way, reminds her that others are in want of her bread as well. Like the others, she loves to sing...she loves to sing loudly, that is, and doesn't really care what others think of her singing.

-

Villain Miku would abhor Hero Miku for being a goody two-shoes who "thinks she's better than ME". Hero Miku, likewise, would hate the idea of herself being a villain, especially a nasty girl like Villain Miku, but doesn't actually think of herself as "better" necessarily and really does wish this version of her wasn't so bitter and mean.

Hero Avanna would feel bad for Villain Avanna and would probably try and teach her the error of her ways, and try to be a shoulder to cry on. Villain Avanna would be uncomfortable with her heroic counterpart being on "the wrong side" but appreciate her kindness nonetheless and would hate to have to harm her.

Villain Gumi would definitely make Hero Gumi nervous, while the worse of the two would be all too happy to blow her friendlier self off the face of the planet for the heck of it.

Villain Teto and Hero Teto would...probably get along pretty well tbh. If anything it'd be something like, "Y'know, I like bread as much as the next chimera, but don't you think taking all the French bread for yourself is going a bit far?" "Pff, nah, they don't need it anyway, it's just French bread." "...Then why are you taking it all for yourself?" "...I'll share with you"

Last edited:

PearlStarLight5

Miss Retrocore, at your service!
I thought of some for Deci Mal, Sonika, IA, Jun, Big Al, Ryuto, and Namine Ritsu
As villains:
Deci Mal: Either a goofy villain sidekick, a sci-fi villain trying to take over the world with an army of robots (this part is a reference to a villain song idea I have), or simply a reaper of chaos with Fart-Chan and Kaboom-Kun as her henchmen.
Sonika: The jealous rival of either Miku or Gumi. Think Beth from Polly Pocket.
IA: Doing the wrong thing for the right reason, like protecting the environment for example. Would most likely fall under Unintentionally Sympathetic or would just be a sympathetic villain.
Jun: Evil womanizer. Femme fatale but actually evil. Will break your heart, you get the idea.
Big Al: Tragic villain who's only the way he is because everyone and everything hates him for being a monster. He is Vocaloid Frankenstein after all. Or he'd be a himbo sidekick like Kronk.
Ryuto: Goofy cartoon villain here to cause the Gachapocalypse.
Namine Ritsu: Literal terrorist with bombs.

As heroes:
Deci Mal: Either a goofy sidekick, exactly the kind you find in animated movies, or a plucky heroine. She has protagonist or sidekick vibes and there's in in-between.
Sonika: Either a plucky heroine or a diva with a heart of gold. Would make a good protagonist for a girly cartoon.
IA: Environmental PSA character like the Lorax or an alien defending her new home.
Jun: He's not bad, he's just drawn that way he really does aesthetically remind me of Jessica Rabbit though. Either a romantic protagonist or a love interest.
Big Al: Himbo friend with the innocence of Frankenstein's Monster before his revenge arc.
Ryuto: Goofy cartoon slapstick protagonist, or typical child empowerment protagonist.
Namine Ritsu: Anti-hero, super questionable but still for the greater good.

If these counterparts fought:
Deci Mal: Would defeat villain Deci in an epic fight scene, but the silly and clunky kind.
Sonika: Would have a catfight with villain Sonika.
IA: Would try to help villain IA find another solution to the problem that doesn't involve hurting anyone.
Jun: Would call out villain Jun's behavior. Possibly the "All women are queens"/"If she breathes, she's a thot" meme.
Big Al: Would try to offer emotional support to villain Al, but would he want it anymore?
Ryuto: Would defeat villain Ryuto, saves the day, yay, but villain Ryuto will be back next time.
Namine Ritsu: Epic edgy battle with villain Ritsu.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AddictiveCUL (Add)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)